We are a non-profit organization that offers free public discussions on the weekly topics. Membership in The Theosophical Society of Victoria is open to anyone who wishes to explore Theosophy.
In recent decades, the group has taken up each year a specific theme as a basis for talks, discussions, and in-depth study, such as:
- The Arts and Theosophy
- Healing and the Ageless Wisdom
- Spiritual Philosophers of the Eastern and Western Tradition
- The Journey of the Soul
- The Practical Application of the Teachings of the Bhagavad Gita
In current years, the following themes have been studied:
- The Wisdom and the Way
- Exploring the Inner Being
- All About Angels
- The Art and Science of Meditation
- The Masters and Spiritual Evolution
- The Mahatma Letters and the Wisdom Teachings
- After Life
- Timeless Wisdom Themes in the Key to Theosophy
- Mahatma Letters to A.P. Sinnett
A special note must be made about our past President of 20 years, Fiona C. Odgren. Our Lodge will miss our strong, gifted and skillful theosophist who made her transition on March 11, 2019. Fiona had been involved with Theosophy and facilitating public programs on the Ageless Wisdom for over 40 years. She was known world wide and authored two books called Insights from the Masters – A Compilation and Timeless Truths of The Secret Doctrine – A Compilation. We miss her as we continue on in in pursuit of the Ageless Wisdom.
THE THEOSOPHICAL SOCIETY, VICTORIA, BC
Present Board of Directors 2019 – 2020 (as elected June 2019 AGM)
- Jeanette Wood, President
- Sheilaigh Allan, Vice-President
- Frances Gaudet, Secretary
- W. Robert Earle, Treasurer
- Astrid Derkach, Director
- Richard Desrosiers, Director
- Gwyneth Hart, Librarian
We have recently updated our website to offer insights of our Theosophical group in Victoria. Please see our links page for information on Theosophy world-wide.
Our Lodge publishes an informational brochure for distribution through local libraries and places of public interest twice a year. We also invite those interested in our meetings through the Times Colonist Newspaper.