Welcome to the home-page of The Theosophical Society, Victoria, BC (Canada) located in beautiful Victoria on peaceful Vancouver Island. We hold weekly and free public talks and discussion meetings on Monday afternoons, from September to June in the seminar room at 3703 St. Aidan’s Street.
In Victoria, the first Theosophical Society was formed in 1892 and was called “The Kshanti Theosophical Society.” “Kshanti” means “patience sweet, that nought can ruffle.” “In the absence of egoism, there is nothing to be offended or disturbed. The mind is like a light which burns steadily, unaffected by outer conditions.” H. P. Blavatsky
There has been an active Theosophical Society in Victoria, BC since 1892. For most of the 20th century, the society was directly affiliated with the International Theosophical Society with its headquarters in Adyar, Chennai (Madras), India. Since the mid 1990s the group has been independent with friendly, informal ties to all other theosophical groups world-wide, while maintaining through our associate membership in the North West Federation, an indirect link with Adyar. We are an independent theosophical group registered as a bona fide non-profit educational society with the provincial and federal governments.
Continuing in the 1980s the group has been holding public meetings on a weekly basis on Mondays from September to the end of June. Currently we have approximately 15 members and meet in an attractive, harmonious venue at 3703 St. Aidan’s Street, Victoria, BC. Our group possesses a library of theosophical literature, including main-line and more current theosophical and spiritual books.
Theosophical members when compared to the population of Canada, and even all countries in the world is relatively small. Discovering the divine light which is infinitely present in our world burns bright to those who seek its wisdom through theosophical study.